PARRY SOUND/MUSKOKA/ALMAGUIN – For the second day in a row school buses throughout Muskoka, Parry Sound and Almaguin are cancelled as Environment Canada calls for a mix of threatening weather that includes freezing rain, pouring rain and even the chance of thunderstorms throughout the day and into this evening.
In Muskoka, all Trillium Lakelands District School Board secondary schools are running exams this week. As buses were also cancelled on Monday, Jan. 28 due to inclement weather, all exams have already been “bumped” forward by one day.
With another bus cancellation today, TLDSB will again move exam schedules forward by one day, not including the P.A. day that is scheduled on Thursday. The P.A. day will remain on Jan. 31.
Therefore, for TLDSB schools in Muskoka,
• Exams that were originally scheduled on Monday, Jan. 28, which were moved to Tuesday will now be written on Wednesday, Jan. 30.
• Exams that were originally scheduled on Tuesday, Jan. 29, that were moved to Wednesday, will now be written on Friday, Feb. 1.
• The P.A. day will remain on Thursday, Jan. 31.
• Friday, Feb. 1 is now considered an exam day. Students, who do not have exams, should not attend school on this day.
• Second semester for students in Muskoka secondary schools and Adult Education and Training Centres will now begin on Monday, Feb. 4.
For more information visit tldsb.ca or call your school.
Buses cancelled on Tuesday, Jan. 29 for St. Dominic Catholic Secondary School in Bracebridge has also resulted in a modified exam schedule. Students there will write their exams on Wednesday, Jan. 30 as follows:
9 to 11 a.m. Period 3 exam
11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. lunch
12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Period 4 exam
Students should visit the school website at dom.schools.smcdsb.on.ca for information and updates.