Fire at Tembec
Electrical damage as a result of a fire at Tembec's sawmill on Saturday morning is estimated to cost $50,000.
HUNTSVILLE - At approx. 7:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, fire station 1 crews were dispatched to a fire call at Tembec's sawmill.
According to the Huntsville Fire Department, when the crews arrived they observed smoke throughout the old mill. Fire was located in the wall behind the electrical panel. Due to the amount of electrical panels mounted on the wall, crews had to wait for the power to be shut off before extinguishing the fire. Crews remained on scene for approx 90 minutes, checking for extension leading into the roof.
Tembec maintenance staff say the mill will be shut down for about a week for repairs to the electrical system. Damage is estimated to at $50,000