Tips for the perfect fall picnic
• Bring extra blankets
• Dress in layers
• Go for a hike (bring appropriate shoes)
• Bring hot chocolate and marshmallows
• Make your picnic a “screen-free zone”
• Fill an empty pop bottle with water and freeze it; when the icemelts it won’t melt all over your food
The perfect picnic
There are three ingredients to the perfect picnic, according to Picnic in Pisticci author Tina Powell.
• Good people — “Picnics should be shared only with special people. Choose your picnic pals very wisely,” Powell said.
• Good food — Whether it’s traditional picnic food, or nontraditional family favourites, some good eats will keep everyone satisfied.
• Location, location, location — “You can’t go wrong with Muskoka,” Powell said.
Robots square off in local competition
Movement is revolting against processed foods
Fresh food basket program expanding in 2013
MUSKOKA - The District of Muskoka is looking to expand its food basket program to provide fresh, affordable food to area families.
Local food banks are feeling the pinch
MUSKOKA - The District of Muskoka is spending $10,000 of taxpayers’ money on food banks and supper clubs, but some say that’s not enough, especially during the winter months.
Remax ‘desperately’ needs items for breast cancer yard sale